Creative college essay Prompts
The 2016-17 university admissions season features started, with all the accessibility to the 2016-17 typical Application while the launch of new Coalition Application. Because of the start of new application season comes some odd and quirky essay prompts.
Pupils likely to affect university when it comes to class of 2021 can get started on their college programs now, with many colleges today accepting freshman programs by Aug. 1. One big element that pupils will get a head start on now's the essays, including school-specific supplements. Although colleges have the standard questions regarding the reason why pupils desire to attend, what they intend to achieve, plus, some colleges have a bit more imaginative and get some interesting questions. Annually we locate some of the coolest, quirkiest, and strangest essay prompts.
Here are a few of this weirdest college application essay prompts from 2016-17 application season.
- Alice drops down the rabbit gap. Milo drives through the tollbooth. Dorothy is swept up when you look at the tornado. Neo takes the red tablet. Don’t inform us about another world you’ve thought, found out about, or produced. Instead, tell us about its portal. Sure, many people think of the University of Chicago as a portal with their future, but please choose another portal to publish about.
—Inspired by Raphael Hallerman, Class of 2020 (University of Chicago)
- You’ve only reached your one millionth hit on your own YouTube video. What is the video about? (Lehigh University)
- Title your autobiography. (Wake Forest University)
- What's your theme track? (University of Southern Ca)
- Commensurate with Rice's long-standing tradition (known as "The Box"), please share an image of a thing that appeals to you. (Rice University)
- Sometimes asking the right concern tends to make a big difference. If perhaps you were an university admission therapist, what article question would you ask? Kindly craft and answer your own article prompt – within reaction, reflect on exacltly what the chosen concern shows in regards to you. (University of Richmond)
- Whether you have built blanket forts or circuit panels, created community movie theater or blended news art installments, reveal: what have you developed, designed, produced, or designed? Or just what do you desire to? (Tufts University)
- You’ve already been asked to give a TEDtalk. Something yours about? (University of New York – Chapel Hill)
- UVA students paint communications on Beta Bridge once they wish to share information with your community. Exactly what could you decorate on Beta Bridge and why is this your message? (University of Virginia)
- Wislawa Szymborska stated, “You are able to find the whole cosmos hiding with its least remarkable things.” Help united states see anything ordinary in an extraordinary light. (Brandeis University)